Wednesday

Fat Loss 4 Idiots - My Personal Experience

Fat Loss 4 Idiots is creating quite a buzz in the world of web-based diet programs. It's being talked about all over the Internet and people everywhere seem to be singing its praises as one of the best ways to lose weight fast.

Well, it caught my attention a few months ago based on a good friend of mine who was trying it and having some success with it. She said the program was really working for her, so I decided to give it a try myself since I have always battled a weight problem. I have been on the program for 60 days now and I want to share a full review of my experience and the results I've gotten thus far.

The Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet plan is a comprehensive program that also includes an optional upgrade of getting "Beyond Calories". (I discuss that in another post), You'll get immediate access to their website which contains the entire program. There, you can print out the "Idiot-proof diet handbook" as well as use the "Diet Generator" to generate and print off your daily meal plans for 11 day periods.

The signup for the program is pretty straightforward and simple. I do like the colorful graphics. It's a nice change of pace so to speak. Although I found the name to be somewhat strange, I really don't care what they want to call it as long as it works. I'm sure you probably feel the same way. You can view the site here at
Fat Loss 4 Idiots.

Program Basics

The basics of Fat Loss 4 Idiots is that by following their system you can lose 9 pounds every 11 days. When I first looked at it I immediately thought it was all hype. It is certainly hard for most people to believe, myself included. It would be difficult to keep losing that amount of weight in that amount of time. But, I decided to keep an open mind. (I will go into my actual results later in this review)

While I admit that it is possible to lose the first 9 pounds in 11 days for most anyone since it will usually be water loss at first, to keep it up would be extremely tough.


Although I can not divulge the exact details of the Idiot Proof Diet Handbook for legal and copyright reasons, I can go through the basics and show you a sample day's diet plan.

The
Fat Loss 4 Idiots plan allows you to either use a vegetarian meal plan or a regular meal plan. (I chose the regular)

The Diet Generator then asks you to choose 14 of your favorite foods, which is quite nice, and input them into the generator. It will be these 14 favorites which will help go into designing your meals for the 11 day plan.

Next, your plan will give you 4 meals per day that make up your diet plan, and they stress that you maintain a time frame of at least 2.5 hours apart from each meal.

Why an 11 day meal plan?

The Fat Loss 4 Idiots plan requires you to eat meals according to your individual 11 day plan. After 11 days the plan allows you to eat whatever you want for the next 3 days after that. (In moderation of course) Then, you start back on your 11 day meal plan once again.

Once you get use to it, you'll find it to be a nice way to not only stay on your diet, but to also be able to eat foods you love after a while. It's unlike anything I have seen. It lets you look forward to something special every 11 days instead of having to struggle through the same old monotenous diet plan for months at a time. I've been there and done that.

Sample day's meal plan

Depending upon your choices of your 14 favorite foods, a sample day may look like this: (This is only a sample from hundreds of different combinations)

Meal 1: fruit salad
Meal 2: tuna salad
Meal 3: boneless/skinless chicken breast
Meal 4: banana milk shake

One of the important points here is that you can cook your food any way you want it. For example, the chicken breast can be grilled, baked, and you can even add barbeque sauce to it, etc. It takes the blandness out of the food.

The
Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet system does not count calories or limit portion sizes. There is no carb counting or watching proteins. This makes the plan so simple to follow, hence the name for it. So, what this means for you is that you could have a huge chicken breast or a big bowl of fruit salad. You will find yourself getting filled up, but not overly full if that makes sense to you.

The plan essentially eliminates the starchy carbs such as breads and potatoes and also limits alcohol consumption to 1 glass of wine a day, if this is something you enjoy to begin with.

One thing I do like about the plan is the fact that this system does not force you to buy special foods or certain brands such as Nutri System or Jenny Craig that prove to be quite costly. You simply purchase the food you like at your groocery store which saves you money over the long run.

What are my results?

As I mentioned earlier I have followed the plan for 60 days now and closely tracked my results.

When I started the plan I weighed in at 218 pounds and my pants size was a fairly tight 38. After 60 days I weighed in at 192 pounds and my pants size has been reduced to a somewhat loose 34. I have lost a total of 26 pounds and counting. Not only am I very pleased, but the results have been quite surprising to say the least.


Will Fat Loss 4 Idiots work for everyone?

No. That may be surprising to hear, but it will only work if you follow the plan. Fat Loss 4 Idiots doesn't require you to check in every week at a diet center or be accountable to anyone, and therein lies the problem. Some people will naturally not stick to this plan, or any other diet plan for that matter when they know that no one is looking. So, if you have difficulty in trying to lose weight without checking in to a weekly weight loss center I would not advise the program.

For those who do follow this system and have struggled with weight loss over the years, I can say that it will most likely work for you. Fat Loss 4 Idiots is a simple, inexpensive, easy to follow diet plan that produces results. There is no starving yourself every day to see results and the food choices are good since they are based on what you like.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry, my name is Caleb Slaga-Schwarz and im interested in starting this program but am somewhat skeptical. I am wanting to lose weight and 9 pounds in 11 days sounds amazing, would u care to email me at Kman92688@aol.com, so that we can talk more and i can learn more from you since u seem very knowledgeable about this program, thx in advance

Terry said...

Caleb,

Glad I could help answer your questions. I hope you will come back and update us with your results after getting started.

Terry

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri, I too am a little skeptical about the program. It seems to me that this is a low carb diet. Similar to Atkins or maybe even similar to Fit for Life. Did you feel hunger at all with the diet? Are you able to cook the meats with sauces. I ask this since I normally cook gourmet meals and at times the sauces contain many calories. What are the principals this diet is based on?
Hope you continue to be successful in your diet en devours. Thanks for the post. Carmen

Terry said...

Fat Loss 4 Idiots is not at all like the Atkins Diet. I have heard others compare it in some ways to the Wendi Plan, which is a version of Weight Watchers, but I have no experience with that.

Fat Loss 4 Idiots is based on taking proteins and carbs and incorporating them into what they call "shifting calories". It is designed to have you eating different meals each day that will keep your metabolism running at a high rate, which helps you to burn fat and lose weight at a higher level.

The diet handbook has an entire section on condiments. High calorie sauces wouldn't be recommended in any weight loss plan, but I will say that you can always make your own adjustments. No, you may not lose 5 pounds in a week, but you may lose 3. That's still a good week.

I believe that in order to make these types of life changes, which losing weight is certainly a lifestyle change, that you have to have some give and take.

Anonymous said...

So is this diet just meat and fruit? I didn't see much dairy, and there were no vegetables, grains or fat. If all I had to eat was a fruit salad for breakfast, some tuna salad for lunch, a chicken breast for dinner and a banana milk shake for an evening snack...I'd be starving. Also, what happens when you go back to eating normal? Do you gain it all back? My current plan isn't working as quickly as I would like but it's something I could live with forever.

Terry said...

Hi Amanda,

Great questions! I hope I can help. The menu plan on my post is only a quick example. There is so much more to the plan than just meat and fruit. Vegetables are a big part of the plan as well. Like carrots, green beans, peas, broccoli, cauliflower and so many others. Since the menu generator uses many of your own choices you can eat the ones you like. In fact, when you initially set up your diet plan it will ask you if you want the vegetarian only meal plan.

As for starving, I once thought the same thing. I'm a guy who used to weigh in at well over 200 pounds, so you know it had to be tough looking at this and thinking how in the world can I get filled with only eating this? But, since you will be eating at least 4 meals per day it really isn't bad at all. I'm comfortably filled throughout the day.

Since I don't know what "eating normal" is in your case, it's hard to answer your question. I can say that during your 3 "off days" in which you can eat any foods you wish, as long as you use moderation you'll be fine. Now if you go hog wild at the local pizza buffet and down 10 slices of pizza followed by a brownie delight at Dairy Queen, then yes, you will gain weight back.

I know that is extreme, but you can see what I'm trying to say. I enjoy eating some of these foods and don't have a problem gaining the weight back. It really is about moderation. And you'll be surprised at how much less you eat once you go through a couple of cycles. You find you can't eat as much anymore without being miserable.

I would encourage you to give Fat Loss 4 Idiots a try. Follow the menu plan that you help to set up and I believe you will be happy with the results. I hope I was able to help answer your questions.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Brandi said...

Terry,
I am trying to loose my last 30lbs after a 2 year plateau. I have lost 70 lbs on my own before then. I am trying FL4I and my scale says I have lost about 10 lbs in 8 days! However, I am afraid that I may not be eating enough even though I don't feel hungry. Also, I am worried about regaining the weight on the 3 day break. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
Brandi B

Terry said...

Brandi,

First off...Congratulations! You're an inspiration to everyone with those kind of results, not tom mention the dedication to make it work. 70 pounds is awesome!

And now you say that you've been able to lose 10 more pounds in your first 8 days with Fat Loss 4 Idiots? All I can say is that it works if you just follow the program.

I wouldn't be concerned about not eating enough. If you are following the plan then you are eating enough. (Evidenced by your not feeling hungry)

On your 3 day "off" period, as long as you don't go overboard with eating everything in sight you'll be fine. It's normal to gain back a few pounds during these 3 days, but the good news is that they come right back off again with your next cycle.

Hope this helps. Again, congrats Brandi, you're doing great!

Terry

Anonymous said...

I am really excited to start this but am really nervous also. How do you handle when you travel and have to do this diet also? Definitely concerned when at other peoples house and also going on vacations.

Terry said...

Hello Deanna,
Don't be nervous, you are going to do great! I wouldn't be too concerned about vacations and staying on your exact diet plan.

Fat Loss 4 Idiots includes helpful information on eating in restaurants, road trips, and on vacation. So, you'll have some great tips to help in this area.

I posted an article on this very topic on the blog here. Obviously, you can't follow the plan to the letter like you can at home, but you can limit the foods you eat while on vacation.

Also keep in mind that you are on vacation to get away and have some fun. Even if you put on an extra 3 pounds, you will be able to take it right back off when you get home. I've done this myself more than once actually. Hope that helps. And I hope you will post here and let us know how things progress for you. I'm pulling for you!

Thai Novel On Sale said...

Hi Terry,

I want to loss 10 - 15lbs from my baby weight gain. Do you think this program will has enough nutrition for my baby? Because I am still breast feeding?

Thank you,
Tara

Anonymous said...

Will this diet work for vegetarians? CAn you sub tofu/soy meats for the chicken and still get the same results?

Terry said...

Hi Trish,
A vegetarian menu plan is another option with Fat Loss 4 Idiots. You have your choice of the "regular" diet menu or you can opt for the "vegetarian" menu. The menu generator will then provide you with your own unique personal vegetarian menu plan. Works nicely.

Hope that helps.

Terry

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,
I just wanted to say, I have been following this diet for the past 11days and am really impressed with the results. When I started I was 11st 7lb and today I weighed 10st 8lbs. Im now looking forward to a 3day break were I will continue to eat sensibly, but may add some of my favourite foods!
I havent been hungry at all as its upto each individual how much they eat at each meal and with 4 meals per day its hard to become hungry.
I will continue until I reach my goal of 9st.
Hope this helps anyone who's thinking about starting this diet.
Thankyou Katy

Terry said...

That's really great news to hear Katy! Congratulations on your success. I'm also happy to say that I have now lost 47 pounds myself since being on Fat Loss 4 Idiots. It just plain works.

Terry

Anonymous said...

Terry,

I just found out that I have a really low BMR (1500) and so even though I have been on WW, I haven't lost. Will FL4I work for someone whose metabolism is already messed up?

Donna

Terry said...

Hi Donna,

That's a good question you ask. Let me ask first, are you doing any type of cardiovascular exercise? This helps in increasing your BMR. In addition, I know that trying to eat very little food each day will also lead to lower BMR.

I would whole-heartedly recommend trying Fat Loss 4 Idiots. The menu plan is designed to keep your metabolism running at the highest level, which is exactly what you are looking for. If you do get started, please come back and let everyone know how it is working for you. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

I was able to lose 8 pounds in 11 days with this diet plan

Terry said...

Congratulations on your success!

Anonymous said...

There is a new diet system you should check out at www.everlossdietinfo.com

Anonymous said...

The important thing is not just to lose weight but to keep it off. For this we should not quit doing those healthy things that we have been doing to lose weight in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Fat loss idiots diet is for people who want to lose quick weight like 5 pounds in one week or 10 pounds in the next 15 days..

FatLossDaddy said...

I have been using this diet for about 2 weeks and I have lost about 9 pounds. In just 2 weeks!

Idiot Proof Diet said...

Congratulations that really helps motivate me. I am on the fat loss 4 idiots diet to. I have lose 31 pounds so far and I have been averaging about 5 pounds per session.

I personally want to lose 50 pounds all together.

Anonymous said...

HI I have just finished my 11 days and lost 7 happy pounds :) and then went off for the three days and out 4 back on. now today i begin the 11 days again. What is the average weight one gains on the 3 off days and do you have any tips that helped you on the off days? Thank you very much.

Jackie said...

Hello How much weight is normal to gain on the 3 days off. I am very happy with this plan and lost 7 lbs my first 11 days but gained 4 on my off days any tips for my off days?

Thanks
Jackie